The Shapeshifter, a fantasy adventure game for the Game Boy heading to Kickstarter On January 18th.
Time to go into the attic and find that box that has the Gameboy in it and dust it off.
Independent retro game developer Green Boy Games is preparing to launch a kickstarter campaign on January 18th to fund their new fantasy adventure The Shapeshifter for the Nintendo Game Boy.
The Shapeshifter puts players in control of Elliot, an ordinary person who while spending a weekend in the mountains meets an elf that grants him the power to become the animal he touches.
Some Game Features:
- New Game Boy game in cartridge format –including a box and a manual.
- Lead Elliot in a fantasy adventure in which you can turn into the animals you touch and save the elven world from the wizard’s spell.
- Save and load your game.
- More than 4 hours of gameplay.
- Animated pixel-art graphics.
- Music composed by Cesc Mozota and Oscar Latorre
- Compatible with all Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance handhelds.
The Shapeshifter will be available for sale on the studio’s website and will be available in a cartridge that is packed in a box with a manual. There will also be a limited edition of 100 copies with a unique number and signature that is exclusive to kickstarter backers.
The Shapeshifter will be fully compatible with Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance.
If the final stretch goal of 40,000 Euros which is roughly around $48,614 US, the Shapeshifter will be ported to NES.(Fingers crossed this happens)
Here is a list of links if you would like to follow Green Boy Games and support the Kickstarter.