Desert Pirates is a driving shooter game that is inspired by films like Mad Max, Cyborg, Death Race, and by spaceship roguelike games.
The objective of the game is to lead a convoy through an endless desert, making hard choices about how to care for your followers by deciding on things such as repairing their cars or feeding them. All the while fighting for resources, and destroying enemy settlements in order to survive.
The goal of the game is to make it as far as possible, for as long as you can. the further you get, the more cars for your convoy will be unlocked and available to you at the start of the next game. Helping you get even further and to help you discover hidden surprises.
The developers of this game took inspiration from post-apocalyptic movies such as Mad Max and threw in some Sci-Fi concepts for their characters and vehicle models. The spaceship rogue-like aspect lies within the re-playability, collecting new cars and trying different convoy configurations every time you ride.
- Unlock and collect badass cars: Find cars to restore in every run, and store them in your garage to use later. The desert is filled with hidden surprises!
- Make runs with different convoys: Change your Convoy to fit your play style! Choose between Soldiers with Nitro, Heavy Soldiers with special weapons, start with additional food or gas, special systems like Shields, Radars, Decoys, and more!
- Survive the desert: You will need to destroy enemy settlements in order to get the resources you need to repair and refuel your cars, and to keep your followers fed and hydrated.
- Give orders to your Convoy: Stay together, or split up! Changing orders on the fly can give you an advantage against your enemies.
- Classic Roguelike Features: Permadeath, Upgrades, procedurally generated areas. Every playthrough is different.
About the team
After developing “El Tango de la Muerte” on his own, Hernán Smicht has teamed up with two outstanding colleagues to create Desert Pirates, forming a perfect three headed team: a programmer, a 3D artist, and a designer.
Esteban Pisera is in charge of coding this little monster. His knowledge of Unity makes him perfect for the hard work that this kind of game needs.
Ramon Lezcano’s job is to make this world of madness come alive: create badass cars, an endless desert, and a thousand other surprises. A huge task for him lies ahead.
Hernán Smicht’s is tasked with game design and leading the team, creating an objective roadmap towards completion that is aligned with his marketing plan.
Here’s the link to the Steam Page.