“Psychedelic metroidvania” from a psychology graduate coming to Steam in March.
Fearmonium is a psychedelic metroidvania where suspense intertwines with humor. Fearmonium is being developed by one person – Slava Gris with music from Expecte Amour.
Start the game as the usual unpleasant memory and reincarnate into a real phobia by breaking through the most hidden corners of consciousness of Max.
The whole game will unfold in the inner world of Max, a young boy who saw several clowns at a fair. The images secured by support of depression are making their way into the depths of his consciousness through the nightmare, meeting Max’s memories on the way, anxieties and bright images. Will the clowns be able to supplant all objective fears of Max and take the place of his main horror?
– A huge map of Max’s consciousness, woven from abstract images and half-forgotten memories;
– Classic and hand-drawn frame-by-frame animation;
– Dynamic battles with combo attacks and a variety of unique abilities;
– Information about the process of the formation of new phobias and the nature of human consciousness;
– Memorable enemies, whose images reflect what Max saw in the real world;
– The answer to the question: does a phobia always cause irreparable harm, or can its presence change life for better?
Check out the trailer and some screenshots below.
I personally am not really a fan of this style of game, but I don’t know if it was the music in the trailer that has that dark sound I enjoy or just the overall concept of the game in general. But I will say this I am looking forward to trying this out when it releases in March on Steam.