The Femme Fatale BloodRayne is coming to PC this month.
Ziggurat Interactive, publisher of modern and retro games announced today that later this month they will be releasing updated versions of BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2. The classic third-person vampire-themed action-RPGs will be named BloodRayne: Terminal Cut and BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut in a nod to the games original developer Terminal Reality.
The enhanced versions of BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 will be released November 20th on Steam and GOG.com.
- Support for higher display resolutions (up to 4K / 3840×2160)
- Improved rendering with up to 4x anti-aliasing
- Upscaled cinematic videos
- Support for modern gamepads (XInput controller support)
- Improvements to lighting at engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data
- Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures
- Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows
- Localizations include:
- BloodRayne: Fully voiced with localized interfaces in English, French, Italian, Spanish
- BloodRayne 2: Localized interface and subtitles for English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Optimized for Windows 10
“The response was tremendous when we announced that we had taken over stewardship of the BloodRayne series. Fans have been asking what’s next for the series, and now we’re excited to show off the great work that’s been done by Terminal Reality on the first two titles.”
Wade Rosen, President of Ziggurat Interactive
The third-person horror action series BloodRayne introduced gamers to Rayne, a brutal half-vampire femme fatale traveling the world to foil Nazi plans, battle supernatural threats, and uncover more about her vampiric heritage. Featuring a unique protagonist, fast-action combat, vampiric powers, and a globe-spanning storyline, BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 offered a dynamic and visceral gameplay experience. Beloved by fans and critics alike, BloodRayne became a true cross-media phenomenon, spanning games, comics, and films across the early 2000s.